Thursday, June 19, 2008

Andy thinks too much





This is Andy making a rare appearance - I recently tried to sweep the garage floor and could not get it clean. After a closer look I realized that something was stuck to the floor. When they poured the concrete they must have sprinkled little fibers on the top for some reason. I tried to take the above pictures but they did not come out very good being up so close. The challenge is this - why are there fibers stuck in the concrete of my garage floor? And should I remove the fibers, and if so - how? My idea is to either run a torch slowly over the floor or poor gasoline, light a match, and smile - either way, harness nature's power for my means.

3 comments:

Amy Smith said...

I think the torch idea would be fun . . . but just make sure you don't have any spilled gas/oil there first. Here's a link you may want to check out: http://www.nycon.com/?gclid=CLDk4cOqg5QCFR30IgodTk1uWg

ALOHA - - - Andrew

Noreen & Allen said...

I don't know how or why I know this but I believe that sometimes after laying concrete if the weather is cold they will sometimes put hay over the top of it to prevent it from cracking. Or something like that. Could it be pieces of hay that you have in it? That's my guess.

-Noreen

: ) Paula said...

Is it an ultra-cool texture treatment ala Hildy on Trading Spaces? If so, don't burn it. It's art!