Sunday, June 8, 2008
Mini Beehives
I officially have a new church calling. I am the new Activities Day Leader. For those not familiar with our church, I will be responsible for planning and carrying out semimonthly activities for girls ages 8 to 11. My previous calling was to teach the Mia Maids (girls ages 14 to 16) and while we did have weekly activities, I was not in charge of them. The lady who was in charge of planning our activities was like MacGyver! She could effortlessly entertain the girls by showing them how to make a centerpiece from a toothpick, a paperclip and a roll of toilet paper. I'm pretty apprehensive. I'm not sure how I'm going to come up with enough activities to entertain the girls month after month. So if anyone out there has any ideas, please please please let me know!! I still don't know a lot of the details (like how many girls there will be or when the fun starts) but something tells me it will be quite the adventure. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Absolutely one of my favorite callings ever. You can see the activity days booklet online at lds.org. The purpose is to help these girls learn wholesome activities, develop friendships with each other, and fulfull their requirements. Every other meeting, we tried to fulfill a requirement. The other meetings we tried learning new things, try new crafts, play games, and such.
Our two favorite activities were caroling at Christmas, and the girls had their own Super Craft Day where they made gifts for their families for Christmas (an ornament and a FHE game of charades).
I hope this helps!
I had this calling and it was so much fun. There are so many resources online, in addition to the church ones. You are going to have a great time.
A toothpick, a paperclip and a roll of toilet paper, you say? I GOTTA see this! (Sofia's new favorite phrase is "You GOTTA see this!")
I too had this calling in the Hamilton branch... It didn't go over so well due to lack of 8-12 year old girls... So I invited boys AND almost 8 year olds... Still only 4 people showed up. (NONE of which were girls age 8-12)
We made valentines' for the missionaries and the kids' parents. Fun stuff. I hope you have more than 1 girl that age, and I hope she shows up! If so, you're better off than me!
One of my first callings when we moved back to Provo, and also one of my favorite. They love crafts, the lessons are short and sweet, (and so are they, he he) They will love you!!
Have fun,
Mom
Post a Comment