So you might be asking yourself why this picture is on the blog. It looks like typical weekend attire - but no - this is what I wore to work one day this last week. It took me three weeks to dress down to the normal start up company attire - but it felt good to wear shorts to work for the first time in my adult life. Shorts are typical and I am not sure if a few of the guys even own socks. Not only is it a young start up casual company culture, but a boating and beach community as well. It is a pleasant change from the business attire at my last job. I hope some of my friends at William Lyon Homes read this entry.
4 comments:
That's the life! Wow. At one of my previous jobs I was only allowed to wear Jeans on "announced Jeans Days"... I wasn't even guaranteed I'd be able to wear Jeans every Friday! I hated that! NO WAY would slippas' and shorts fly at any company I've worked at before!
I'll add that I'm a wee bit jealous as well! Lucky Duck!
umm yeah, I'd say its a change. I made the mistake of wearing jeans on casual Friday at William Lyon and some lady wearing an XXL sweatshirt and stretch pants gave me guff about my jeans, I was a wee bit confused that it was coming from frump face. But I digress, relaxed work environments rule!
Okay so I just had to tell you that we are being transfered to JAPAN! I am excited and I thought that maybe you could give me some pointers! Yeah!
Thanks
Samantha Gilger raadgep
Will the money you save by not buying expensive "work" clothes off-set increasing gas prices? And Dave, you better hope that lady doesn't have friends in Happy Valley to whoop up on ya for calling her frump face. . .
Post a Comment