Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's a Good Thing...

To steal a phrase from Martha Stewart, I have discovered a very good thing this week. Google Reader. All those who have a Google email account need to try out Google Reader. Basically, you save all the blogs (or other websites) you check on a daily basis and Google tracks them to watch for changes made to the websites. So all I have to do is log in it will tell me if there have been any new entries to any of the blogs I normally spend 10 minutes checking. It's very efficient and it's as simple as checking my email. I highly recommend it. I've already discovered that Melanie has actually made an entry in her blog--which she hasn't maintained for nearly a year (and I stopped checking some time ago). The only problem is that Reader doesn't seem to be able to track private blogs or some blogs that are not on the blogger system. However, it has already proven to be quite the time saver and I'm hoping that I'm not the last person on earth to have discovered Reader and that you will find it useful as well. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

Ooh. Good thing. Thx for sharing! Now I'll be the last one to know about it.

Anonymous said...

I use Internet Explorer 7 to subscribe to blog feeds. This sets up Microsoft Outlook to see changes on the blogs that I follow. I got into work this morning, started Outlook, and saw your updates. Technology rocks!