So about three weeks ago, I was asked to teach the Young Single Adult Sunday School class. I was a little weirded out because I thought it made more sense to have one of the Young Single Adults teach the class, but I accepted anyway. I think I now know why they asked me. For my first week, all of three people showed up. My second week, we had two people show up--a girl and a guy. What's worse is that of the two who did show up, the girl came up to me after the lesson and said, "That can never happen again! That was sooo uncomfortable!!" I was pretty baffled and said, "I don't get it, did you two used to date or something?" She says, "Uh...yeah. We were engaged." Oh great. I get two people to show up and they can barely stand to be in the same room together! Yay for me!
Fortunately, this week was a lot better because we had 14 people show up!! I was so happy, but a little shocked because with so few people showing up each week, I (admittedly) haven't been putting too much time into the lesson prep. I figure that if only one person shows up, I'd rather have us all attend Andy's class.
Speaking of which, Andy's Sunday School class is going really well. He has been using PowerPoint presentations each week and everyone seems to love it. Several people have commented to me that they love his lessons and they think it's a lot easier to pay attention. I wish I could hear more of his lessons!
7 comments:
Hey, you got a new picture over there -------> I like it. :)
As for Andy using PowerPoint with his church lessons, that's hilarious... And I'm glad it keeps their attention. I'm having such pay-attention issues during Sunday School. Always have really, I'd love to attend one of Andy's classes!
That is hilarious. I teach RS. . maybe I should try powerpoint! I am terrible about using props. I never do. I am probably breaking some RS code.
Cute pic!
Sunday School is usually the forgettable hour, so good for you, Andy, for making the effort and engaging your class! Our ward could really use you.
And Jenni, yes, you are sooo breaking the sacred code of RS teachers: "tablecloth, centerpiece, handmade handout, and dress must all match when you teach." Tsk, tsk! Kidding:)
Ha ha. What are the odds! Well, I don't know. But yay! 13! That's definitely more reasonable than 2.
That's so funny! Hello, awkward! Hey Jamie, it's Andy's cousin Jen here. I stumbled upon your blog while reading Holly's.
That is a great new picture of you 2! Is it a new one? What a really great, smashing couple you make!
m
Hello~
It's lori(Liang yu)!!!
How's it going?
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/loriryo
This is my blog.You can see my pictures there.And also you can write some words to me.And I will give you my MSN~loritsubasa@yahoo.com.tw
well,I miss you so much!!!
Post a Comment