Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tennessee

A couple weeks ago, I went to Nashville, Tennessee to attend the National Guardianship Association's annual Conference. It just so happened to be that my brother and his family and my sister also live there. I went out a couple days early so I could spend some time with them and I had a blast!!

It's no secret that I have the cutest nieces and nephews on the planet. Brianna is smart, beautiful and very level headed. I shared a room with her and one night, before we went to sleep, she read me the beginning of a story she was writing. It was really good. When I told her that thee was a middle school-aged girl from Florida who recently published a book she wrote which made it to the NY Times Best Seller's List, Brianna asked, "You mean I could sell this book and make a profit?" She very much liked that idea. Look out world.

Arick is a ham and loved giving others bunny ears in the pictures I took. Ty is such a sweetheart. He is full of hugs and I spent a good 20 minutes or more telling him what time it was whenever his digital watch changed numbers..."One, Zero, One, Six...One, Zero, One, Seven!" Ella is a typical toddler and loves learning about her surroundings and trying to take on the world by saying "I do it". She was also good for a laugh when we read scriptures one night. Someone would read a phase and wait for her to repeat. She would only pick up on part of the phrase and would often change words to things that made sense to her...which we all found to be very entertaining.

We watched the BYU/Utah State game. It's an understatement to say the Andrew gets into the games. He wears a helmet and Ella needs little encouragement to break out into a Touchdown dance.


On Saturday, we went out on a boat ride. It was very cold, but it was also very beautiful. We even saw Johnny Cash's old, burned down house. There is something to be said for living in the south. The weather is temperate, it rains enough so that it is very green and the people are very nice. If only we could do something about all the bugs!!


No comments: