Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This is what I train for....

Last week, I was in California. I worked from Vista for most of the week and had the opportunity to eat at some of my all-time favorite restaurants. My absolute favorite place in San Diego is calle "Extraordinary Desserts".
Of course, this place lives up to its name. Jessie and I went to the Little Italy location and had some delicious paninis (mine was a portabello mushroom, goat cheese, zucchini and pesto panini).

Then we each got a delicious dessert!! They were so good!!! I got a slice of a chocolate macadamia nut cake and Jessie got something chocolaty too. It was strange. At one point, Jessie looked around and noticed that there were a lot of women at the restaurant. Hmmm. How could that be?

I highly recommend this place if you're ever in the San Diego area. I wish they would open stores all over the place, but it's probably a good thing for my waistline that they haven't. Mmmmmmm.


I also ate lunch (twice) at In-n-Out. Always excellent. I'm a fan of their 'Animal Style' burgers. I also couldn't leave California without having a carne asada burrito for lunch one day at "Albertaco's". It's one of the many hole-in-the-wall Mexican places where the food is excellent and not too expensive. Good Mexican food is hard to find in Wilmington.

Like I said, I run about 2.5 miles a day and THIS is what I train for!!!!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

I knew I was missing something! I have got the over eating great food down. I must. go. run. Because my waistline is protesting. And we have a hard time finding good Mexican food in Washington too. Those desserts look divine!

The Pearsons said...

PS - Sorry for the poor lighting on those first few pictures. I was trying not to look like a TOTAL DORK taking pictures in the restaurant.

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

I like your thought process! :) Next time I go there, I'm going to get a 'tour of food' map from u,

Linsey said...

YUM! Congratulations on your sealing.

heather said...

yeah, why didn't we go eat there after the sealing? lol...

Dixons said...

I'm so jealous we didn't have more time to go to all our favorites! It was fun to see you guys, even just for a little while....definitely worth the 24 hours of driving for 36 hours in So Cal. :) We are so happy that you guys chose San Diego, so we could come!

Totally Hess said...

Andy & Jamie - congrats on the sealing! I am so bummed I missed Andy at Lyon - he came by after I became a pumpkin at 3pm! Hope you guys are doing well in NC!