Sunday, October 19, 2008

So Sneaky

On Wednesday, Andy called me on his way home from work and said that he wanted to go to ceramics class with me if I would wait for him. So twenty minutes later when I heard the garage door open I was not expecting to see ANNE bound in the door yelling "Surprise!!!"

I have got to be married to the sneakiest guy alive! For three weeks Andy has been planning on surprising me by using some frequent flier miles to fly Anne out here before she starts her new job in Oakland! I sure was surprised. It took me a good minute or so to figure out how Anne could possibly be in my kitchen. Did she move in to one of the houses down the street? Did I completely space out and forget that she was coming here on vacation? No. Andy was just sneaky. He lives to pull one over on me and I think I just need to get used to it. He even went so far as to contact my bosses at work and let them know that my schedule would need to be 'flexible' on Thursday and Friday so I could hang out with Anne.

We had a lot of fun together. I took Anne to Flip's BBQ to try some North Carolina BBQ then we went to my ceramics class. She helped me paint a piece I had been working on. On Thursday, I gave her a royal tour of Wilmington. She kept saying that our place seems very peaceful...which it is. We love how quiet it is around here at night. I had also been planning on going to a spa that night to celebrate my recent raise, so it was so fun to have her here so we could go together! She then took Andy and I out to dinner at On the Border. Yum. We also watched the BYU/TCU game, but I don't want to talk about that. >:-/

On Friday, we hung out around the house, called Meilani for her birthday and then Emma came for a visit. We had a lot of fun playing with her and she stayed the night too. I made Anne take some ceramics pieces home for her and Heather. It's so nice when I don't need to worry about packing and mailing those things out.

On Saturday, Emma was in a dancing mood so we had a dance party and danced to the Jackson 5's ABC and Sugar Daddy. Anne was our paparazi.

After we went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday, I had to take Anne to the airport. So it was a short trip, but it was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Dixons said...

Love it! I can just picture Andy "dancing" (is that what you're calling it these days?) to Jackson 5. Oh, how we miss Andy's white boy dance moves. Miss you guys!

heather said...

hooray for surprises! :) thanks for the gift! i haven't gotten it yet, but i'm sure i will this week sometime, since anne's taking us to the airport on friday :)

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

That was fun, fun, fun, fun! Those dance moves were awesome.