Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Party

For Activity Days this week, we had a Halloween Party. Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good Halloween costume. I had the girls come dressed up in their Halloween costumes and we played several games and had a lot of sugar!


I invited a couple girls from the neighborhood and a few of the girls invited their friends, so we had about 15 girls show up. I now understand why all the parents readily left me with their kids, made comments about how brave I was and practically ran to their cars. The girls were excited for the party and were certainly in rare form.

We played a game where the girls had to find pumpkins that had been hidden around the house. The yellow ones were one point, the orange ones were 5 points and the black ones were 10 points. I was quite impressed that they found them all--and nothing was broken in the process. Then we played "GHOST" (similar to BINGO). They each got a "GHOST" card and had to fill in a variety of Halloween-type words in each of the 24 spaces. We also had a costume contest. The winners were a sock puppet and a bride. We then played the classic, TP Mummy game. As soon as a winner was declared, the room burst into sheer pandemonium.
There was TP flying everywhere. It was hilarious. We let them throw the TP like crazy and it looked like the inside of our house had been TP'd in the matter of about 10 seconds. We then took advantage of our orange kitchen walls and played pin the nose on the Jack-o-Lantern.
I was so grateful for Andy's help!! There was no way I could have organized all those girls by myself. If only there were a way to bottle all that energy...

We polished off the night with a variety of snacks--pumpkin-shaped, orange Rice Krispy Treats, cupcakes and candy. Then their parents came to pick them up. The last two girls went a little crazy making up movies. Andy had hooked up our camera to the TV and the girls all thought it was so great to see themselves on TV. They wanted to act out nonsensical movies that involved a lot of screaming and running around. When I asked them if they knew what blackmail was, they replied, "Yes, it's when someone sends you a letter and doesn't sign it." Yup. Keep screaming.

6 comments:

heather said...

jamie, what a fun party!! i'll definitely ask for tips the next time i decide to do a party here lol.

rs said...

Your party looks like a ton of fun!
I hope they helped clean up. Its a fun age, isn't it.
m

Noreen & Allen said...

I love it!!! You are the best activities day leader ever. That is so awesome. Those girls are so luck to have you.

Anonymous said...

You have such fun ideas for your activities! I don't remember having that much fun at church parties when I was younger... :(

Jenni said...

You are a brave woman. But they look like they had fun.

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

Wahoo! Success! I love how you caught the glee in that picture as they threw TP all over your living room. FUN!