Sunday, May 4, 2008

Pictures from our cross-country drive

I wanted to take pictures of our drive across country. I soon learned that everything West of Oklahoma is very desolate and everything east of Oklahoma is rather green. So here are a few random pictures.
This was taken somewhere in Arizona:

This was taken as we entered into New Mexico:

This was where we just so happened to stop and switch drivers. The Continental Divide!! Yay!
These were some windmills converting the wind into power in Texas. I decided that Al Gore or someone ought to set out a ton of solar panels in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas so we could eliminate pollution that comes from converting coal to energy. I don't think anyone would complain at the loss of....nothingness.

This is what we saw as we were leaving Oklahoma...a bunch of students making their way to an FFA Convention!! Napoleon, anyone?

This is the Oklahoma City Bombing memorial. It was really cool.

This was taken in either Arkansas or Tennessee. It was one of the MANY gas stations we stopped at along the way.

This is Andy cleaning the windshield. For someone who hates a dirty windshield (me), driving across country is not an enjoyable activity.

This was taken as we crossed the Mississippi River in Tennessee.

This was where I started to slack off about taking pictures. I think this was in Tennessee. We stopped at a BBQ Pit to have lunch and switch drivers.
Once we made it to North Carolina, we figured we should stop off and see the Duke Univ. Campus. It really is beautiful.

1 comment:

Maren said...

I love a good road trip. Love the adventure, and seeing how different each part of the country is so different from the other. I love traveling and seeing the "world". I wish I could see it all! Loved your post/pictures! :D