Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I guess I'm it.

Rules:

A. Post the rules
B. Answer all the questions about yourself
C. After you are done posting, tag 5 people

1. What were you doing 10 years ago:

I was feeling overwhelmed. I had arrived in Taiwan and was working hard at learning Chinese and getting the hang of being a missionary.

2. Five things on your to do list today:

1 - Finish up the Investment Plan for the Field CRT.
2 - Use my feminine guile to get a wire sent out ASAP for a client. ;-)
3 - Go grocery shopping for a side dish for Andy's work party.
4 - Make Pea Salad for said work party.
5 - Lament that working from home precludes me from above-mentioned social distractions. Just kidding. Finalize plans and activities for this weekend's visit with Andrew & Amy and family and Emma.

3. Five snacks I enjoy:

1 - milk chocolate!!!
2 - Fruit (specifically, Mangoes)
3 - Kettle Corn Popcorn
4 - ice cream
5 - brownies (not really a snack, but I do enjoy 'em)

4. What would you do if you suddenly became a millionaire:

How much notice do I have? Assuming I can open an off-shore account first, I'd...
1 - Pay tithing
2 - invest about $300,000 for long term and possibly live off the interest.
3 - Quit the ole jobba-ru and take up ridiculous hobbies that could potentially turn into money makers like online scrap booking, ceramics, recording a CD etc.
4 - TRAVEL or maybe pay for peoples' plane tickets to come visit me.
5 - Pay down the mortgage but not pay it off because of tax benefits of paying a mortgage.

5. Five things people don't know about me:
1 - When I get really upset, I tend to silently fume and feel the need to state my concerns in a way that expresses exactly what I'm feeling without offending other people. I'm very conscientious in that regard.
2 - My favorite candy bar is Butterfinger. But I am an equal-opportunity candy bar eater.
3 - I have veneers.
4 - I am not very competitive. I'd rather make everyone a winner.
5 - When I was a kid, I thought it would be so cool to have an ice cream shop on the beach with an apartment above the ice cream shop where I would live.

* As a bonus, I found out yesterday that we have a gardenia bush in our front yard!! It's big and in a matter of days we will have more blossoms than we will know what to do with. It made my day! I love love love the smell of gardenias. We also planted our fig tree last night and there was a rain/lightening storm. It appears to have survived the trauma just fine.

3 comments:

heather said...

yay!! i love the ice cream shop idea :) hooray for the gardenias...take some pics when it blooms...i can almost smell them now :)

Maren said...

Nice list! I'm jealous of your gardenia bush! Take some pictures of it in full bloom! (Oh, and make sure they're scratch n snif ah?)

Jenni said...

I have to agree with the gardenia. I bought one while living in Utah, but of course it died-too cold. I have to disagree with the hydrangeas though--I love them. In fact, I bought FIVE hydrangea plants TODAY! I got your link from Kimberly. It is fun to see what you two are up to all the way over there is the state I love.