Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nashville, TN

We made it to Nashville--which means we made it to Andrew and Amy's house. When we drove up, Arick was out front sweeping the front driveway and he made it a point to tell us that he was not asked to do it. The kids have been so excited to show us everything. Brianna is quite the pianist. Ty is full of hugs. Arick told Andy a long story about what's been happening at his playground at school. Ella has been somewhat scared of us and is not sure what to think of the new strangers at her house. She's warming up to us though.

The drive was long. Again. I was pretty shocked to see how beautiful Arkansas is. It's too bad it doesn't have a better reputation. It was very green with a variety of flowers here and there.

We've started listening to a different book on CD, so we're pretty happy about that. We got word that my car was delivered to our house in NC today. So things are starting to fall into place.

Anyway, we made it and we're taking the day off tomorrow!! I'm very excited about that.

3 comments:

Maren said...

Yay! You made it! Isn't their house gorgeous? I'm sure you're being given the royal treatment too! Boy you're in for a fun day. Enjoy it!

: ) Paula said...

It is remarkably beautiful out there! A safe arrival at A & A's is good news. I love that Arick kid. Nobody even asked him to sweep?!?

Dave said...

I'm praying that this little "break" of yours was pre-planned in the spreadsheet or else you're cooked.