Thursday, April 24, 2008

Empty Spaces

It's been a hectic few days...to say the least. It's hard to believe that in less than a week we could pack up an entire, 3-bedroom condo, load up a trailer and find renters for said condo. I'm amazed. If my back weren't so sore, I would have a hard time believing it myself.

We have been furiously packing everything into as many boxes as we could find. It's a good thing we live next to Del Taco and have taken it upon ourselves to recycle their boxes for them. Yesterday, I got to a point where I was just walking around amid the boxes not knowing what to pack next. All the random things that either don't fit into a box or logically don't go with the contents of another box were really getting the best of me. It really helped, however, when the trailer (an ABF, 28-foot semi-truck) arrived and we could start getting things out of the house and into the truck. Clearing the space helped clear my head and I was able to conjure enough mental ability to finish packing AND cleaning!! Andy will have to blog about the actual moving of boxes into the trailer because he is sooo proud of the manner in which it was done.

As their weekly activity, the Mia Maids were nice enough to come over and help me with some cleaning and then I took them to eat frozen yogurt at "Wild Berry" (a frozen yogurt shop that's within walking distance of our place). I'm going to miss that place!

We finished loading the trailer early this morning (I sure am tired) and now I'm waiting for someone to come pick up my car and the trailer. Once that is done, we'll be homeless for about a week or so. We'll be spending the next couple nights at Andy's parent's house. Thank heaven they're nearby!

3 comments:

Amy Smith said...

I can't believe that you are all packed. It took me 7 weeks to your one. I swear it was just last week that you decided to move, oh wait, it was! This is so crazy. I think you should treat yourself to a massage.

: ) Paula said...

Bon Voyage! Have a great time being homeless. And if you feel like taking the scenic route, you could stop in WA on your way! Eh, eh?!?

Maren said...

I'm impressed as well. AND I'm with Amy, get a massage! Get me one too while you're at it! :D