So I'm still at work....waiting for my laptop to be upgraded before I go across the country into isolation. I've just spent the day training someone else on how to do QuickBooks and on various organizational items that will need to be taken care of in my absence. Throughout the day, I kept thinking of how lucky Andy is to be making a clean cut. He gets to leave everything behind and start new. Me, on the other hand, I get to hurry and finish a laundry list of projects that "need" to be done before I leave and, I'm sure, once I get set up in NC, there will be a whole new list of things that have been awaiting my attention.
Yesterday was very difficult. In church, the Young Women made a big deal about me leaving. They made me and this other lady (who recently got released from her YW responsibilities) stand in front of the girls and then the girls sang a song to us, gave us aprons that they had signed little messages on and came up and hugged us goodbye. As a couple of the girls came up to hug me, there were tears in their eyes! I was both surprised and saddened. It feels like I'm not done yet--but then again, when will I be done?
We were able to get a lot of packing done this weekend--thanks to Andy's parents. They came over and helped pack and scrape off paint from doors that we painted when we first moved in. Note to self: ALWAYS prime doors before painting them.
We got so much packing done that we are going to have the trailer arrive a day earlier so it can leave a day earlier and arrive on a Friday rather than a Monday--which will make a huge difference in getting settled in. I can hardly believe that my days left in California are winding down so quickly.
3 comments:
So exciting! I love a good adventure! (As you well know!) I really hope you get everything done before you have to go! Good Luck!
Did you guys decide to go with ABF instead? I can't believe how fast this is, wow!
Jamie,
Congratulations on your new job and move! Good luck!
Wendy Bodell
Post a Comment