I am married to a guy who absolutely LOVES to surprise me. I'm pretty sure he gets more joy out of it than anything else. Aside from being surprised on our anniversary or with all the fun activities he had planned on our honeymoon, there are plenty of other times when he gets all excited by surprising me. Case in point; last night, our ward had its annual Relief Society Christmas Dinner. Andy had asked me the day before what time it started and casually mentioned that he'd probably end up staying late at work and would get something to eat on his own. I thought, no problem.
True to RS fashion, the cultural hall was well decorated and the food was being served by members of the Elder's Quorum. So I''m sitting at the dinner table enjoying my salad and someone leans over to me and says, "So how did Andy get roped into this?" Totally and completely baffled, I say, "What are you talking about?" They point across the room and there's Andy....serving dinner salads and filling glasses of water and, I'm sure, reveling in the fact that his wife is clueless as to his whereabouts.
I still can't understand why he felt the need to take a RS Christmas dinner party to surprise me, but suffice it to say, I've gotta stay on my toes around him!!
1 comment:
That is adorable. :) I like him. :)
Post a Comment