Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pre-Christmas Fun

We spent Sunday evening with Andy's family in Irvine. His sister, Melanie, was in town from Las Vegas and his brother Jonny and his family were there as well. Since we were leaving on Christmas Eve to go visit Andy's daughter in North Carolina, we had to exchange presents early. It was a lot of fun to have Evan and Seth (Andy's nephews) there--kids just make Christmas so much fun. After dinner, we read the Christmas story from Luke and then sang Silent Night. It took a lot of patience for Evan to wait that long to open presents.

Seth--Waiting patiently for Evan to hand out the presents.

Evan--showing off his loot!
The boys got a lot of Disney Cars paraphernalia, a train set and a Mr. Potato Head family. Andy got a UCLA Aloha shirt, power inverter and a broom/vac (which was really a present to me). I got cookie cutters, decorative baskets and Michael Buble CDs.

Andy and I spent Christmas Eve opening the remaining gifts. I had gotten Andy a bunch of UCLA clothes--shirts, a sweater and b-ball shorts. Andy got me a membership to Massage Envy, so I'll have a year's worth of massages. We then packed up and got ready for our flight to NC that night and then we met up with Melanie to play tennis (with my ball machine) and then Andy and Melanie played a little one-on-one basketball. I wish I had taken video of the "match" because I'm pretty sure Andy's primary tactic was to make Melanie laugh so hard that she would miss her shots. No such luck. While Andy's expressions and innovative moves were...impressive, Melanie's ball-handling skills prevailed and she won, 11 to 9.

We then got ready to take the red-eye flight to North Carolina to see Emma.

No comments: