After work, we rushed over to the hardware store and, sure enough, there were a bunch of trees still wrapped up and on the palates. Since we were in a hurry, we picked one out, asked the guy how much it was and when he said it was $26.00, we bought it and carried it home. It's about 6'7". We set it up and unwrapped it and let the branches spread out overnight and we were very pleased to discover that we had picked a wonderfully shaped tree after all. The needles are in pretty good shape and it smells great. I had gotten a bunch of decorations at post-Christmas sales last year. I didn't find a tree topper that I liked, so the Santa hat was the best I could do. So here's a picture of our decorated tree. Enjoy!
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Our Christmas Tree
Andy and I got our first Christmas tree last Monday. We live across the street from a hardware store and had gone over last Saturday to check out prices, sizes and the quality of the trees. Fortunately, the prices were great. Unfortunately, the trees had been there since Thanksgiving and were getting dry. However, we found out that there would be a new shipment of trees coming in the next Monday. So we waited all weekend for a fresh tree.
After work, we rushed over to the hardware store and, sure enough, there were a bunch of trees still wrapped up and on the palates. Since we were in a hurry, we picked one out, asked the guy how much it was and when he said it was $26.00, we bought it and carried it home. It's about 6'7". We set it up and unwrapped it and let the branches spread out overnight and we were very pleased to discover that we had picked a wonderfully shaped tree after all. The needles are in pretty good shape and it smells great. I had gotten a bunch of decorations at post-Christmas sales last year. I didn't find a tree topper that I liked, so the Santa hat was the best I could do. So here's a picture of our decorated tree. Enjoy!
After work, we rushed over to the hardware store and, sure enough, there were a bunch of trees still wrapped up and on the palates. Since we were in a hurry, we picked one out, asked the guy how much it was and when he said it was $26.00, we bought it and carried it home. It's about 6'7". We set it up and unwrapped it and let the branches spread out overnight and we were very pleased to discover that we had picked a wonderfully shaped tree after all. The needles are in pretty good shape and it smells great. I had gotten a bunch of decorations at post-Christmas sales last year. I didn't find a tree topper that I liked, so the Santa hat was the best I could do. So here's a picture of our decorated tree. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sooo jealous! We'll have to get a tree soon. . . Happy Holidays to you both. . . and to all the good folks at the hardware store.
Post a Comment