Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Flu

On Friday, about half way through the day, I started to feel really queasy. Andy had come home for lunch, so when I mentioned it to him, he thought maybe I had eaten something strange--but I had eaten the same things he had. Much to my dismay, the queasyness didn't go away. It slowly got worse. Andy and I were planning on going to a marriage class at the Costa Mesa institute. It was a holiday potluck and I figured that we should at least go for a little while. Once we got there, I really wasn't feeling much better and had no appetite to eat anything, so we left early and Andy made me some couscous (it was the only bland thing we had in our cupboard). After eating about a spoonful of couscous, I horked. Andy was a good boy and cleaned up the mess (I mostly made it to the toilet). Almost immediately, my stomach started to feel better, but I also started getting achy all over. I had the flu.

I spent most of Saturday in bed resting. The sad thing was that with Andy's family coming into town, we had arranged to go to the temple that afternoon and then all the Pearson women were to come over to our place for a pre-Christmas estrogen fest. I passed on the temple, but they did end up coming over to our place afterward for a panini and chocolate fondue. Unfortunately, I had no appetite and had to force myself to eat half of a half of a panini. It's no fun to have a party full of good food that you have no appetite to eat. At least we were able to watch BYU beat UCLA in the Las Vegas Pioneer Bowl!! What an amazing ending!!

Fortunately, after getting plenty of sleep I started to feel a lot better...and not a moment too soon because I had to sing in church for our ward Christmas program. The program went well and our choir director is very good about putting together small groups of people to sing. I sang in two groups and although I'm pretty sure I came in a measure early on the song I sang solo (Mary's Lullaby) it went well and I'm glad it's over. Singing can be nerve wracking enough, but when your stomach is still unsettled and you're nervous....I was just wishing it could have been under different circumstances.

Andy and I will be leaving the night of Christmas Eve to go see Emma in North Carolina. It should be a lot of fun. We'll get there Christmas morning and will leave on Saturday afternoon. We will be celebrating Christmas a little early so we don't have to pack everything across the country. I hope you all had a much better weekend than I did and that you will have a wonderful Christmas!!

2 comments:

heather said...

sorry you were sick! we were at the game, but baby and i went back to the car and listened to the amazing ending on the radio :( at least they won :) have fun in nc!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie, I hope you're feeling better and that you and Andy had a GREAT time with Emma on the East Coast. Happy New Year!