Thursday, March 5, 2009

So Sweet...#2

Just about every morning, when Andy goes to work, I tell him to "Go where the numbers take you." Well, this week, the numbers took him to Massachusetts. He needed to go evaluate the financial records of a company there. He gets back in a few hours.

On Tuesday night, while Andy was gone, the doorbell rang and I was a little hesitant to answer the door. We live in a safe, quiet neighborhood, but...you never know. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that I had been doorbell ditched and that there was a plate of cookies, brownies and banana nut bread on the mat!!

I suspect one of my Activity Days girls is responsible, but I'm not sure which one.

In other news, I have been making progress in ceramics class. I have learned how to make really tall pots by combining cylinders together. I've made two pretty tall pots recently and I'm excited for them to be completely done. The tallest pot I've made so far was 20.5" before it was fired. It will shrink quite a bit once the water evaporates, but it's a lot of fun to make big pots. I'll get one back on Monday and the other should be done later next week. I'm pretty excited. In the mean time, here are a couple pictures of some pots I have made recently.

7 comments:

rs said...

Beautiful work, Jamie. I bet you could about open your own shop, but I bet it would be hard to part with them.
m

Wendy said...

Activity girls are wonderful!

Maren said...

The glaze on that kettle is absolutely gorgeous! How on earth did you do it? Magic, I think. Also... your banana bread looks moldy. ;)

The Pearsons said...

The glaze is called Autumn Haze. It is my "go-to" glaze. I heart it. I have to force myself to not use it on EVERYTHING!!!

The banana nut bread is not moldy. It's the glare from the green saran wrap.

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

I literally said 'wow' out loud when I saw your Autumn Haze glaze. I'm a fan!! Looks grrreat. And how cute are those girls over there!!

: ) Paula said...

Beautiful!

Dixons said...

Nice work, Jamie! I love the stuff you're doing. It takes me back to 11th grade ceramics class. Funny that my stuff doesn't look like yours. Go figure. I love that your activity day girls doorbell ditched you. Somehow I don't think my cub scouts would do the same--well, they would doorbell ditch, just without the treats! ;) Miss you guys!