I got one of my big pieces back last night. I'm really surprised by the way the glaze turned out (but what else is new?!?). I painted it "Bailey's Red" and then I put "Nutmeg" around the base and the neck of the pot. Wherever I put Nutmeg, it should have been more yellow. However, it somehow had the opposite effect. the middle portion is slightly more yellow and the base and neck are a deeper red-ish brown. Glazing is such a mystery to me. That's why I like Autumn Haze. Anyway, here it is...

You can see how much larger this piece is compared to the stuff I usually do. I put the big one next to a piece I completed a week or so ago. Learning how to combine multiple pieces together in order to get one large piece has really been fun and challenging for me.

I glazed another piece last night. That one is now at about 19". I can't wait for it to be fired!
No comments:
Post a Comment