Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mmmmm...tryptophan

Andy's mom, Carol, came out for Thanksgiving this year. It's been so much fun to have her here. We had Thanksgiving early this year because Emma decided she wanted to come over on Wednesday and Friday so she could spend Thursday at her grandparent's house. It was a good thing that Carol was here because there was no way I would have been able to prepare dinner because I had to work all day. So I had everything set out and ready and Carol assembled several side dishes and the turkey. I need to mention that I bought a Jennie-o "Fool-Proof Turkey" and it did not disappoint. It was delish! So mad props to Jennie-o.

Here we are holding our pear place card holders just before we took Emma home. Emma really liked hers. I'm afraid that with how rushed our pre-Thanksgiving dinner was for me, the only thing I could contribute was a nicely set table.

It was nice to have a leisurely Thanksgiving Day that wasn't eaten up (tee hee) by spending a bunch of time in the kitchen. We were content to eat leftovers and I made a couple more side dishes to add to the feast as well. This year, I'm grateful that Carol was here, I'm grateful to work from home (it would have only made this Thanksgiving even more stressful if I didn't), I'm grateful for the changes in my life that have lead to rich opportunities for growth, and I'm very grateful to be married to Andy--a positive, gregarious, go getter who, it seems, lives to make me happy. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!

1 comment:

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

Happy Thanksgiving Pearsons! Looks like it was a very homey one. I'll have to look for that JenniO turkey!