Andy's sister, Melanie, came out for a visit this weekend. The first thing she saw when she walked in the door was this...

Andy had turned the TV on to one of the many NASCAR channels, grabbed a cream soda and poor Melanie wasn't sure if he was serious or not. Andy's cousins, Dan and Jeff, sent Andy a NASCAR, Tony Stewart t-shirt and Home Depot hat for his birthday. NASCAR is pretty big here in North Carolina and now Andy will fit right in. Sadly enough, as bright as his shirt and hat are, they happen to match our kitchen walls. Some day, we'll have to do something about that.
We went to the beach Saturday afternoon. That night, Andy took Melanie around our

yard to look for baby frogs (we seem to have tons of them in our yard right now). I really don't like going outside after dusk because I get attacked by mosquitoes. It's really annoying. Every now and then we will have frogs jump onto our windows and they'll just sit there. On the night I took this picture, it was REALLY humid outside. Although it had rained earlier in the day, it hadn't rained for quite a while. The windows had fogged up and it felt like we were living in the middle of a rain forest.
7 comments:
His shirt is eerily the same color as your wall. If he turned it inside out he'd just be a floating head.
Love your "slide show" on the right.
Andy is so funny.
Ya, I think you need to do something with that orange wall. Only Shelley could love that kitchen. I still haven't finished 3rooms that need paint and more, so I totally understand that some things can just get put off, and off, and... luv m
Robert came home form kindergarten spouting names of NASCAR drivers and I washed his mouth out with soap. Okay, I didn't do the soap thing, but I was "shocked and disappointed with him" for learning about NASCAR. You too, Andy. Tsk, tsk!
I used to have a bathroom and guest room that matched that shirt.
We have more frogs here than we know what to do with. It makes mowing the lawn interesting!
I'm not so sure I want to live in a humid climate...
Come talk to my when you have NASCAR Christmas ornaments ($6.99 at ANY walgreens in the south). Logan won't let me put them on the tree though.
So I guess that means you did not watch the UCLA game! I thought of you on Saturday and wondered who you were rooting for!
Shelby is home and much better! Thanks for the kind words!
We miss you at work - but I have not been there since June, so I don't miss you too much. But I am back at Lyon in a few weeks!
Post a Comment