Andy taught Gospel Doctrine today. He did a really good job. He prepared a PowerPoint presentation and everything. I was a little concerned that the PowerPoint slides would be a little too advanced for our ward. I hasten to add that I am justified in thinking that. The last time he taught, he offered to send out a text message and/or email each time he taught in order to remind everyone what the lesson would be about. Well, after sending out the first text message, he got a phone call the next morning from a guy in our ward who thanked him for emailing his cell phone and it was obvious that he didn't know how to retrieve the "email" because Andy had to explain what a text message was and what he had sent. Anyway, a lot of people participated, the visuals were very helpful and it went over quite well. Looks like his MBA is paying off!
Also, on Friday, I went to the doctor for an allergy test. I don't think I'm particularly susceptible to allergens and it's not very often that I get a sinus headache, but after seeing Paula's impressive list of things she's allergic to, I decided to get it done. Basically, the doctor 'injected' my back with about 56 potential allergens. Then I waited for 15 minutes for my skin to react...or not. As a general rule, whenever a doctor walks into the room and says, "Whoa!" it's not a good thing. Well, that's what happened to me. As it turns out, I am very allergic to dust and dust mites (category 4++). I am also allergic to a variety of grasses (category 3) as well as Red Cedar and Sweet Gum pollens, mold and (drum roll please...) cats and dogs (category 2)!!! Woo Hoo! I'm officially thrilled that I'm allergic to cats and dogs and am very hopeful that we will never have to have a pet. On the flip side, I am not allergic to seafood/shell fish. Darn. I had high hopes.
No comments:
Post a Comment