Our neighbors have expressed concern for us (knowing that this is our first hurricane--little do they know I slept through most of hurricane Iniki) and have told us that we should bring our garbage can into the garage (check) and be prepared for the power to go off (check). I'm a little concerned that if the power goes off for very long all the groceries I purchased on Monday will go bad, but I'm glad the power lines in our neighborhood are underground. Maybe that will help. Although I'm not too terribly concerned that it will be all that bad because they're anticipating winds of about 70 mph--not too bad.
What I am really miffed about is the fact that the "hurricane preparations" are
really cramping my style and ruining my weekend plans! Our ward activity--dancing, was canceled. Who doesn't want to see Andy learn how to do the Cha-Cha?!?! AND my ceramics class had to postpone our Raku (a Japanese, low-firing technique) party because of the anticipated rain. I was very excited to learn all about the raku glazing process. Now I have to wait for another 3 weeks until hurricane season is over. Booo. Generally, I am quite irritated by this tropical storm and can't wait for it to pass. I'm afraid that with my canceled weekend plans and a potential power outage, all I'll have left to do is clean the house. What a bummer. Let's hope Ike and Josephine decide to stay far enough south that they don't ruin my plans for next weekend!
3 comments:
Glad to hear your neighbors are looking out for you. I remember several times in Virginia we had the left-overs of hurricanes pass over the area. I would ride my bike along the Potomac through the wind and rain, and see how high the river would get. Good luck this weekend!
Jamie,
You made me and Joel laugh. You're such a funny girl. Joel is following your storm on the internet. . . because. . . I don't really know. But we're sorry your weekend plans are canceled. =)
I think you are funny. I love that you are more concerned about the hurricane cramping your style than any danger that might occur. I have a daughter named Hannah and if there was a hurricane to threaten I can just picture the histrionics that girl would be giving me. So at least you don't have THAT to worry about.
Post a Comment