According to Logan, I'm supposed to list 6 facts/habits about me (Jamie). Here goes nothing...
1. Ya know that fishy smell? It makes me want to HORK!!! I therefore hate seafood. I endure a lot of criticism for my unwillingness to eat something that defecates in its own drinking water, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy it. I will openly admit that 40% of my dislike of seafood is the smell, 58% is mental--I think seafood is slimy, gross and undeserving of becoming a part of me and 2% of it is fear of overcoming my dislike of seafood.
2. I think I'm funny. I often crack myself up and have been known to go so far as to wake up laughing because of a funny dream I've had. Andy can attest to the fact that I think I'm so funny because I tell him how funny I am all the time. I'm just a joy to be around!
3. I respect money. I am an Investment Advisor and have long had the belief that having money will not make you happy, but not having enough money can make you miserable!! I think it's very important for people (especially teenage girls) to learn how to window shop and not feel like they HAVE to have something. I often find myself having to talk myself into making a purchase--even though I know I can afford it. Saving money is very rewarding. There's a certain joy in watching a bank account grow. Wahoo!! Some day this will pay off big time! (At least that's what I tell myself.)
4. My favorite movies/TV shows are: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Office, Oprah, Family Feud, various house flipping/home decorating shows, The Colbert Report, The Big Bang Theory and Carpoolers. As a side note...if anyone has connections to the Colbert Report, I've been trying to warn Stephen that Snapple Fact #123 says that Beavers were once the size of Bears!!! (You have to be a fan to appreciate that one.)
5. I hate meaningless or "heartwarming" forwards that tell me what to do. Whenever I receive a forward that has some kind of warm-fuzzy message and a promise that if I forward it to 20 people then something good will happen to me within 24 hours. I think we all know that promises like that are ridiculous and serve no purpose. I never forward those...and I'm still alive....and happy. Amazing.
6. I love a good coupon!! Someone gave Andy and I a $20 gift card to Cold Stone a few months ago. Normally, I am not a fan of Cold Stone--my feeling is that their ice cream is waaaay over priced just because someone gets to play in it. Anyway, because of coupons, we've been to Cold Stone like three or four times and each time we've gotten a free "Lovin it" Ice Cream bowl. We still have about $4 left on the card. Yarrr! The Entertainment book is my friend.
I'm not going to "tag" anyone specific. Should you feel so inclined to tag yourself, go for it.
1 comment:
Thanks for being a sport and doing the tag. I've learned so much about you! Remember when Andy fell off the bed?
Post a Comment