Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tunes

So I recently purchased an iPod off of E-bay. I got a pretty good deal, too. I got an 8 gig, 2nd generation Nano that came with "Shure" ear buds, the Nike + sport kit and an arm band for about $120. (Thanks, Maren, for the inside info on how to win online auctions!!) I have used my iPod a few times to go running with and I must admit, it makes a huge difference. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to distract my mind by listening to music rather than think about how much I'd rather be walking. I have found that I am able to run the entire route I usually take without walking at all. I also listened to my iPod yesterday while I weeded a flower bed too. The weather was in the 70s (only a few days prior we had some snow flurries, too!) and it was actually quite nice to be outside.

I thought I would share with you some of the songs I listen to while I run. If you have any that I should try, let me know because I can use all the help and motivation I can get!! Please note that I have downloaded the CLEAN or Edited versions whenever possible.

Viva La Vida - Coldplay
So What - P!nk
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
Pon de Replay - Rihanna
Kernkraft 400 (Sport Chant Stadium Remix) - Zombie Nation
Pocket Full of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield

3 comments:

Kiasa said...

Awesome! I need some new songs for my playlist! I love my Nike+ kit. Currently my power song is "Let's get it started" by Black Eyed Peas.

It is finally getting warmer than 20 degrees here again (at least this week) and so I'm starting to run again. (It's been almost two months. My general rule is to not run if the windchill is below 20.) My baby belly has grown and my joints have gotten a little loose (I think), but I'm taking it slow and keeping the heart rate in check. It feels so good!

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

I'm telling you-- the only reason I can even run is because of my ipod! I'll bet you can run longer now. Btw, I was just thinking how you're hardcore. I run on a treadmill and, c'mon, the treadmill makes me run. But you (!), you run outside-- and that's all you. Buff!

The Pearsons said...

I just added...
Vertigo - U2
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
to my playlist. How can an iPod owner NOT have that song?

Oh, and Anne, you are so very good to my self esteem.