I was really looking forward to this weekend. For a couple of weeks, Andy and I had planned on taking advantage of the Valentine/birthday weekend by getting away. Andy always does a great job at planning surprises for me and I was excited for what he had in store. He had arranged for us to go up to Raleigh. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant and spent the night at a Bed and Breakfast that was located next to a beautiful lake. It was really nice. On Saturday, we had planned on going to the temple--what better way to spend a Valentine's Day? After going to the temple, the plan was to head home so Andy could make me dinner. I was particularly excited about that because...what's not to love about Andy cooking dinner?!? And I had specifically requested that he not make Tater Tot Casserole. He also was planning on making breakfast for me Sunday morning for my birthday!
However, I started feeling a little weird Saturday morning and am still amazed that I didn't hork during the session or while we did sealings. As we started driving home, I really didn't feel well. About ten minutes into our two-hour drive home, I threw up. The flu has been going around and I caught it! As my mom would say, "You've got the gombu". So for the last 24 hours, I haven't had anything to eat for fear that I would be seeing it again. I'm achy all over and I'm either burning up or freezing cold. Last night I tried drinking some Gatorade and some Ginger Ale. So far, so good. I'm thinking that in a couple hours, I just might try eating some Jell-o or possibly some oatmeal. How's that for a Birthday Feast?!? Of course Andy's not completely off the hook, he will be making me dinner and breakfast in bed...as soon as I can handle it. You better believe that the glass of Ginger Ale he brought me last night does not count as the dinner he promised to make me.
In the mean time, I'm sitting here at home while Andy is at church (he agreed to teach my class for me). So Happy Birthday to me. Yay!
2 comments:
So sorry about the flu Jamie. Although, this post was pretty funny, because as I read it to Dave he called out "she's got the gombu!" before I even had a chance to read that part to him :o) Happy birthday, and hope you feel better soon!
Happy Birthday! Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment