That's what Stephen calls the iPhone. David loves the iPhone almost as much as he loves cars. Andy recently got an iPhone through work and since our contract with Verizon was up, I decided to get an iPhone too. So far, I'm quite pleased with it. I really enjoy all the "apps" and am constantly being entertained by all the many functions.
Getting my iPhone was quite an ordeal, however. I really really wanted to keep my same phone number because I don't like the idea of notifying anyone I have ever given my number to that I have changed my number. I think that's annoying. How am i supposed to remember to contact the doctor, the dentist etc. AND I really like my number. The digits make a square. It's easy to remember, it's my number and I want to keep it.
So I tried to switch to the iPhone over the internet. No such luck. I tried for about an hour. At various points I was told by customer service people that I wouldn't be able to port my California number to AT&T because I am now in a different state. I finally ended up at an AT&T store where I had to call Verizon...who had to call Andy because my name was not on the contract...blah blah...I switched to an individual plan...blah blah...two hours later, I walked out of the AT&T store with a functioning iPhone. The hassle of actually getting the phone really took away from the enjoyment of actually getting an iPhone. Sad.
Anyway, the moral of the story is, if a customer service rep says that you can't port your number to another provider, tell them you know it's illegal for companies to not allow you to take the number with you and they will figure out a way to make it happen.
3 comments:
You tell 'em!!
They gave me the same load of crap when I wanted to port my buffalo number from verizon over to at&t! BUT It worked (about 2 hours into it AT the store) and I'm glad!
Anyway, Welcome to the Space Phone owners club! Dave, Me, Amy and now You! Now we just must assimilate the rest of the family! bwahahahaha
I don't want to brag but I was the original iPhoney, now there are 7 of us in the Smith and Bigler clans. Apple needs to send me my commission check already.
Post a Comment