Fortunately, I am feeling much better today. I'm glad there are no lingering effects from my bout with a stomach virus. I was feeling so well that I met up with Andy for lunch (he had to work today and I didn't) and I planted three fruit trees. So hopefully we will be able to enjoy some apples, peaches and pears soon.
Monday, February 16, 2009
So Sweet!
So even though my birthday was hampered by the flu, I've had a lot of people call and wish me happy birthday. I was particularly humbled when I got a phone call from one of my Activity Days girls. She called and said that she knew it was my birthday and wanted to wish me a happy birthday. I told her that I had a stomach virus and had been throwing up and hadn't even had any birthday cake. Well, very much to my surprise, when I got home from ceramics class tonight, that same girl had brought over a cake and birthday card for me!! How nice is that!?!?! She's only 11 years old and is so thoughtful to have brought me a birthday cake--and with funfetti frosting too!

Fortunately, I am feeling much better today. I'm glad there are no lingering effects from my bout with a stomach virus. I was feeling so well that I met up with Andy for lunch (he had to work today and I didn't) and I planted three fruit trees. So hopefully we will be able to enjoy some apples, peaches and pears soon.
Fortunately, I am feeling much better today. I'm glad there are no lingering effects from my bout with a stomach virus. I was feeling so well that I met up with Andy for lunch (he had to work today and I didn't) and I planted three fruit trees. So hopefully we will be able to enjoy some apples, peaches and pears soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww-- that's so sweet.
I don't know what's sweeter... an 11 year old making you a funfetti cake, or peaches, apples, and pears! I need to buy a house so I can plant some fruit trees too!
Post a Comment