Sunday, August 10, 2008

Utah and Florida

Last weekend, Andy and I went to Utah for a Family Reunion. It was good to see so many cousins and cousins' kids--they've all grown up so much. Grandma is doing well. She had hip surgery several weeks ago and has had a hard time recovering from it, but she was her usual chipper self at the reunion. She will be 94 next month!! If I live to be her age, I'm going to eat nothing but chocolate, donuts, candy bars and all the things I feel guilty about enjoying now. The good news is that Grandma was scheduled to get out of the rehab facility she has been in for the last little while. She was pretty excited about "bustin' out of the joint".

Stephen has officially completed Fire School and he did really well on his interviews for the Salt Lake Fire Department and it's just a matter of time before he is hired on. Ultimately, he will be able to work as a fire fighter and he can do construction on the side. Apparently, fire fighters get very thirsty and so do construction workers. Andy and I about died when we saw the size of his..uh...drink mug. Check it out.

We're pretty convinced he is secretly hoping that he will some day make the nightly news for having put out a fire with that thing--all by himself.

It was fun to hang out with the family. Andy and I hiked the Y with Stephen and Crystal. It was a lot of fun. We went in the evening and were able to watch the sun set from the Y. Here are some pictures from our hike.




From Utah, I went to Florida to attend the Florida State Guardianship Conference. It was a really good experience and it looks like we will get some business from a few fiduciaries. The conference was held at the World Golf Village (WGV) in St. Augustine. Our hotel was right next to the World Golf Hall of Fame. I ran around the lake in front of the Hall of Fame building a few times one morning and they had various signatures of hall of famers on the walkway. I only recognized a few of the signatures like Phil Mickelson and Bing Crosby (who knew?!). (I looked, but didn't see Tiger Woods.) Here's a picture of the view from my hotel room. I'd recommend staying at the WGV if you're a big golf fan. It was really beautiful.

3 comments:

heather said...

is that snow up there?

The Pearsons said...

It's not snow...it's the Y!

Dixons said...

Glad we got to see you guys! Next time we're going to have to beat out the guys on the game selection! Love the new pics.