Monday, August 11, 2008

Jia You! Jia You!!

You may have an opinion about China hosting the Olympics. I think it's great! The more I read about the Cultural Revolution and the more I think about how far China has come in the last 30 years, I think it's a great thing and it just makes me happy. I don't think China has a great human rights record nor do I think they do everything in the best possible way. BUT I'm happy that China has been given the opportunity to host people from all over the world and I'm even more happy that the Chinese people get to take a front-row seat to such monumental events. I was in Florida during the opening ceremony, but Andy recorded it for me. He told me it was amazing, but after watching it today, I was really impressed with scale and effort that went into the opening ceremony. It was especially fun to imagine the excitement and pride of all the Chinese people who were in the audience and who were watching the opening ceremony on TV.

To top it all off, Anne (who just returned from China) sent Andy and I some Chinese t-shirts so we can watch the Olympics in style.

The shirts say, China Add Oil (Zhong Guo Jia You)...which is a saying that essentially means Go China!!!

1 comment:

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

Hahaha!! I love it! You guys are chillin' in Olympic style! Zhong Guo Jia You!