One of our neighbors works for Terminix. We had him come over and spray our lawn and around the house for pests. I have noticed a lot fewer roaches and am quite pleased with his work. However, said neighbor also set up some sticky traps out near the water softener in the garage in order to catch...who knows what. Well, on Monday I heard some strange noises in the garage and asked Andy to go investigate. You won't believe what he found stuck in the trap! It was a turtle!!! How did a TURTLE A) get in our garage and B) get stuck in a trap!?!? I was dumbfounded. Fortunately, Andy was able to get the turtle unstuck and he set him free in our back yard. The turtle scampered, as quickly as it could, into the woods. Later that week, I found another turtle in our back yard. We don't think it's the same one, but I'm starting to feel like we are the ones invading someone else's space by living here.
Look at what Andy saw in our back yard yesterday!

It's some kind of a Turkey Vulture or something. I'd much rather have a turkey vulture in our back yard than a bunch of bugs in our house. So this guy is cool.
* As a side note, last weekend, I spent about 6 hours assembling our new entertainment unit. I really like it and I enjoy putting furniture together...which is a good thing because Andy hates stuff like that.
7 comments:
I love the entertainment unit, just gorgeous!
I can see that your TV is not large enough. You have space.
love,
dad
You have room for a larger TV.
love,
dad
I'm totally the same way about furniture. I feel like I've accomplished something once it's together. Maybe that's because Dad basically put all our furniture together when we were kids, and I loved that process. Remember that desk in Cali? I loved putting it together more than using it!
I like your style! The colors and everything! Very nice!
That entertainment unit looks goooood. Turkey vulture not so much, but at least, better than roaches, yes.
My girls would love to find a turtle in our yard. We are blessed with snakes, scads of spiders (Eww) occassional lizards and salamanders, and lots of frogs!
Hey I am so glad I found your guys' blog. This is Melissa Merritt well now Ayers. Jamie your hair looks so good short. Tell Andy hello.
Post a Comment