Sunday, August 17, 2008

A good weekend

We started our weekend early on Saturday by going to help clean the church and then we attended the baptism of a girl who is in my Activity Days group. She is 10 years old and her first day at Activity Days was also my first day. We've had her and her dad over to our house a couple times to take the missionary discussions. It's been fun to watch her as she gets to know the other girls and as she gets more and more excited about the church. She invited me to speak at her baptism and Andy said the opening prayer.

We also went to the beach and to a BBQ later on. It's been a little overcast lately, but we love how warm the water is and how nice the beaches are in general.

Today, Andy got two new callings: 2nd counselor in the Sunday School Presidency and Gospel Doctrine teacher. I'm excited for him to start teaching, but he keeps threatening that he's going to spice up his lessons by telling everyone embarrassing stories about me.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I don't envy his new calling. It is bad enough teaching RS. I would cry if they asked me to teach Gospel Doctrine! I did activity days last year and It was fun. Those girls get kind of attached to you.

Melanie said...

Congratulations Andy! Mom and I are very proud. That will be a tough assignment.