So yesterday was the big day. I got 11 inches taken off! I had gotten a business card of a hair stylist who was recommended to me by a girl at church who has really cute hair. I will admit, it's a lot shorter than I had anticipated, but I'm OK with it. Change is good and I'm already enjoying quicker showers and significantly shorter drying/styling time. Besides, it's so hot and humid here that my long hair was just getting pulled back into a pony tail every day anyway.
Here I am before cutting off 11 inches:
Let me just preface this next comment by saying that I am not a fan of Little Women...or Pride and Prejudice, for that matter. But I do remember seeing the movie Little Women (with Winona Ryder, I believe) back in the day and the only funny part in that movie (at least the only part I choose to remember) is when Jo cuts her long hair and the little sister says, "Oh Joe! Your only beauty!!"
That *might* be a little how I feel, but mostly because I am so not used to having short hair. This is the shortest my hair has ever been!
Here I am after:
Before and After:
I think I look like a completely different person. What do you think?
12 comments:
Oh my heavens, what a difference! I think every woman needs to go shorter so they appreciate the long hair too. I think the cut looks great and you look totally different!
Looks good.
Ya know... Last Sept, when I chopped off my 10 or so inches, I was wondering what you'd look like with short hair... And ya know what? I like it! I think it makes your face look thinner too. (not that that's an issue for you... but whatever...)
Plus, hair grows back... They just posted a new picture of me on the symphony's website... and I'm almost shocked at how fast my hair has grown... PLUS since Sept. I got it cut once more in December.
ANYWAY, I'm rambling. I like it short! I bet you can do a TON more with it now! :D YAY!
Woohoo Jamie! Looks grreat! Good for you for being brave-o and going against all the hair-dressers-who-keep-you-down! I agree, you look like a different person. How fun is that? And by the way, pretty (former) hair Jamie! Someone's going to feel really pretty with your donation. Everyone wins!
wow! that is a difference. there's a girl in our ward (she's 11) that has done 12 inches for locks of love 2 times now. i wish my hair looked like yours did when it was long. i love the short look!! :)
I had a stylist refuse to cut my long hair off once too!
It looks cute. Before was kind of sultry and after makes you look more spunky and sassy! All this from someone who has never even met you in person!
I love it! Short hair is seriously the best. My hair was in a ponytail everyday, and since I've gotten it cut I style it more and just feel more put together overall. You will love it with the humidity issue too!
I think you look amazing, You have a very nice neck, you should show it off! Very cute, you look like your not 21 anymore too! Bye the way its a good thing !
Darling hair!
Having just spent the weekend up with Paula, that was my first impression--how much more you look like Paula.
Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy it, especially in the heat, and before you know it, it will be out long again and you will be thinking about cutting it again!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!
Love ya, m
A good way to save money during a recession! Now you'll use less shampoo and conditioner. Mom's right. And her comment was a compliment! You do look like me. AND WE ARE CUTE!!! (My hair is a wee bit shorter than yours.)
Hi Jamie! This is Andy's cousin Mandy in AZ! I love your hair cut! of course I am biased... but I think it is way cute and very flattering! just be careful, once you start cutting, you might not stop! Short hair is the best! :)
Brave girl!! I'm so glad I got to see it in person. It looks great!! Fun to see you guys, even just for a night. If only we could've vetoed Puero Rico and played Family Fued instead!! Argh!!! Next time, huh!?
Post a Comment