Here we are avoiding the rain before the concert started on the mall in the downtown DC.
Here we are at the World War II memorial with the Washington Monument in the background.
The WWII memorial is nice. It has a central pool with fountains and a wreath for each of the 56 states and territories that fought in the war. That's right - can you name the six territories?
This is our first house in Virginia on Camden street - is has not been maintained very well and is quite overgrown.
This is the last house my parents owned on Fort Hunt Road. It is very nice and has been well kept. Many trees have been taken down and the workers knocked the basketball hoop down during the recent renovation of the kitchen. I like the red door.
They have changed the kitchen a lot and it looks great.
Jamie is holding a nickle with the Monticello on it - in front of Monticello. It was very interesting and well preserved. We drove by Mount Vernon, Montpelier, and saw Monticello all in the same day.
4 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I love going home and seeing where I grew up. Luckily for me, my parents still live there so I get to a couple times a year. But I don't very often go around to the schools and things. But when I do I drive my kids crazy with the "I used to skip rope here." and "I used walk to this gas station and buy penny candy." Just like my dad does to me when he drives around Salt Lake and Sandy, Utah!
I told you that the Nickel pose was awesome! I'm pretty sure that every missionary in my mission has posed for that picture.
This is Andrew - - -
I think there are 5 territories plus D.C. Correct me if I'm wrong:
Guam
American Samoa
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
and the U.S. Virgin Islands
We also have a ton of small, uninhabited islands and atols . . .
If you include D.C., that's your 56, right?
It sounds like you guys had a blast. For some reason I didn't know that Andy grew up so close to D.C. Glad you had fun!
ALOHA
Andrew got all but one of the Territories correct. The Mariana Islands were not a US territory at that point. There's one more 'set of islands' that will round out the 5. It was one that surprised Andy and I as well.
Post a Comment