Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Halloween Treat

A couple months ago, my sister in law told me about GIANT marshmallows. She told me that you can take the giant marshmallows, stick a popscicle stick in them, dip them in chocolate and then roll them in nuts or crushed graham crackers. YUM!

This last week as I was trying to come up with a spooky treat to bring to a Halloween party, I conjured up a variation on the jumbo Smores idea. I decided to cover the marshmallows in Vanilla Flavored Coating (it's a lot cheaper than white chocolate) dyed with green or orange food coloring.







Then I decorated them--not without a lot of "help" from this guy. -->











Yesterday, I was pretty busy, so I only had a couple hours to complete them. So this is what I ended up with. Little Frankensteins and pumpkins. The pumpkins could be a lot cuter, I know, but I ran out of time. It was a mad dash to get out the door.

2 comments:

TheKunks said...

Too cute...both the kiddo and the treats! I want the instructions :)

Maren said...

That is pretty stinkin' cute.