Andy and I have discovered a TV show on A&E called Hoarders. At work, I have been to several conferences for fiduciaries where they will have presentations about hoarding and how to help someone who struggles with the condition. I've always found them to be so fascinating. The TV show is every bit as fascinating. I find that I squirm and gasp about as much as I would if I were watching a scary movie! Of course the best thing about the show is that after watching an episode, I have plenty of motivation to go through a box of "stuff" that I haven't looked through for a couple years and toss items that I justify keeping around for the sole purpose of reminding me of something or because I think it might be useful someday.
Of course, the downside of the show is that I tend to get itchy and feel like I need to take a shower after watching it. As much as I may not like it sometimes, I'm glad Andy is good at not wanting to keep stuff around the house because the cost of keeping, moving and storing stuff is just not worth it.
2 comments:
*checking to see if we get the A&E channel*
now you have an idea of what I sit in the middle of on a weekly basis! i cannot tell u about the the mental preparation and the antibacterial soap i go through....! yum, huh? :)
Post a Comment