Since I got my tonsils out on Monday, I think I have eaten about 1000 calories total. It has been so difficult to swallow and on Wednesday, I horked twice. I think part of the problem is that the medications I'm on (Amoxicillin, Codeine and Acetaminophen) are making me queasy--and they don't taste all that great either. It's a catch 22...I can live with the excruciating pain or take the meds and deal with the upset stomach or take the meds so I can choke some food down and then take my chances that the food won't come back up. I can only hope that I am losing weight like crazy!! Of course, I've been watching a lot of TV between naps the last few days and every pizza, cinnamon roll, hamburger etc commercial that comes on makes me want to order something and put it in the blender so I can at least taste it. So I'm looking forward to being able to swallow painlessly again.
Unfortunately, Andy left last night to go to Idaho Falls. His grandma passed away on Sunday. I wasn't sure how I'd react to the tonsillectomy, so I planned on not going--just in case. (Knowing now that I am still in quite a bit of pain, I'm glad I didn't buy a ticket and risk getting even sicker on the plane.) Andy has been very good at forcing me to take my meds (they're sooo nasty) and trying to get me to eat.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about Andy's Grandmother.
As for your diet. Wendy's frosty's are your friend. They're the only thing that got me through my wisdom teeth removal... especially with codeine, which needs something in the tummy, otherwise, its not pretty. What's up with oral surgeons prescribing codeine? Hate it.
Feel better soon Jamie! Love ya.
Actually, Shelley, I did manage to eat a Wendy's Frosty and french fries on Saturday. I was very proud of myself--mostly because under normal circumstances I would never allow myself to have that combination. But it sure was tasty.
Post a Comment