Friday, February 15, 2008

Birthday Bear

So Andy and I are in North Carolina. We left last night, stayed overnight in Dallas and arrived in NC this morning. Andy was so sweet and had arranged for the hotel we stayed at last night to set out some cookies and other Valentine's decorations as a surprise. We just dropped off Emma after seeing her for only an hour. She had a karate class earlier which prevented her from spending more time with us because she had to be home by 6pm.

When Andy picks Emma up, he likes to have her go on a Care Bear Treasure Hunt. He hides Care Bears with little clues in various locations. Today my Care Bear was Birthday Bear. So far, it's been a bit of an unusual Birthday--lots of traveling, but it's been fun nonetheless. We'll probably go get something to eat and then see the movie Juno.

Thanks to those of you who have sent your birthday and well wishes. I am feeling a lot better from the tonsillectomy. The last three days have been a lot easier. I actually had a burrito today. Swallowing is not nearly as painful for me. So my will to live has been unscathed!

Hopefully I will be able to have more time this weekend to update the blog as we go.

3 comments:

Maren said...

Happy Birthday Jamie! I hope you have a good one! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm still learning everyone's birthday... I had no idea yours and Steve's were one after another! How interesting. I hope you have a great birthday, and that you guys have an awesome vacation and get to spend more time with Emma!

heather said...

hope you had a good birthday! i thought of you on friday :)