Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's been a busy week--especially after the Monday holiday. I had a great time going to St. George to help celebrate Grandma Pearson's 90th birthday. She is a really nice lady and it was good to get to talk to her. She has been struggling a bit with her health lately. It was nice to have so many people there to celebrate her birthday. Here's a picture of her with most of her children.

It was also good for me to meet more of Andy's cousins, aunts and uncles. In many cases, I had never met them and in some cases they had come to our wedding, but I had a vague recollection of who they were and how they were related to Andy.

It was also fun to drive with Andy's brother's family there and back. The boys were surprisingly well behaved. Of course they got restless at times, but usually, a new toy or something would resolve the situation. At one point, Evan (who is 3 years old) asked his mom, "When did I swallow a ball?" To which, his mom says, "You didn't swallow a ball." Evan, insisting that he did swallow a ball, points to his ankle and says "There's a ball right there!" So funny.

Meanwhile, Andy had a great weekend in North Carolina. Emma spent a couple nights with him. One thing Andy loves to do is to make up scavenger hunts for Emma. This time, he had hidden a disposable camera for her to take pictures with. We're in the process of getting those pictures developed, so I'll post them when we get them back. On Andy's last day there, Emma tried to get Andy to stay another day so they could have more time together. So he obviously puts a lot of effort into having a good time with Emma.

I'm looking forward to my "procedure" on February 4th. It will be nice to not have as many sore throats as I have been.

3 comments:

heather said...

you'll have to drag the "recuperation" out for 11 days to milk that ice cream to your birthday lol! good luck and i hope it goes ok...it was so good to see you 2 last week!

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

Haha! The ball/ankle comment's too cute and funny! I lol'ed! :-)

heather said...

good luck tomorrow!