This weekend, Andy and I will be traveling...but not together or to the same places. Andy will be going to NC to visit Emma. He leaves tonight and will get back on Monday. I will be going to St. George with Andy's family for his Grandmother's 90th birthday celebration. We will be leaving Friday afternoon and coming back on Sunday.
I met with an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist yesterday and he said that I could get my tonsils out!!! I am so excited. I have been having frequent sore throats for well over a year now and I'm sick of it. As the doctor explained it to me, your tonsils don't really serve a purpose after about age 4. Sometimes peoples' tonsils become like an old, dirty sponge and the bacteria just hangs out and your tonsils can easily become infected. That's exactly how I have been feeling! It's as if I've got some petri dishes at the back of my throat. As soon as I can determine when would be a good time for me to get them out, as far as work is concerned, I will be scheduling the surgery. The doctor told me to anticipate not going to work for about a week after the surgery, but considering the fact that I work from home, I'm wondering how wiped out I will be. A week seems like a long time.
3 comments:
all I've heard is that the recovery from getting your tonsils out is HORRIBLE. So I would expect the worse. But I'm sure it will be worth it for you in the end! :)
Hmmm tonsils... maybe I should get mine out too... I've basically been sick since my b-day... sore throat, cough, not overly sick though.
Hmmmm Well let me know how it goes. :)
Did you also totally covet Andrew when he got his tonsils out? How hard would it have been for Mom and Dad to provide a bit of ice cream for the rest of us?!?! Childhood trauma.
I have a recipe from Karol Stokes for creamy fudgesicles if you're interested. . .
Post a Comment