Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Zoo

Yesterday, we took MVP to the local Zoo. I honestly didn't have very high expectations because I know it's a pretty small zoo and I assumed that the selection wouldn't be all that impressive. Boy was I wrong! Because it is such a small zoo, the cages were small (don't tell PETA) and you could walk around most of the cages so that if a lion, for example, was off sleeping in one corner, you could simply walk around to get a better glimpse of it. There were also a few peacocks walking around, so MVP was able to get within a few feet of them. We saw lots of monkeys, bears, a giraffe, panthers, lions, alligators, goats, birds, reptiles etc. The best part about the visit was that you could purchase bags of peanuts and corn to feed some of the animals. We fed peanuts to the bears and monkeys and we fed corn to the goats, mini horses and sheep. The best part was that MVP got to feed the goats, mini horses and sheep right out of his hand through the fence!

MVP was able to identify several animals--many of which he has only seen in books. Aside from it being really hot and humid, we had a wonderful time!!



No comments: