Sunday, March 6, 2011

Basketball!

In order to properly prepare MVP for March Madness, we snagged a couple free basketball hoops from neighbors whose kids have outgrown them and we are now teaching MVP how to "SLAM DUNK"! It's to the point now that when I ask him where the ball is and ask if he wants to slam dunk, he will immediately head toward the basketball hoop. If course he gets a big kick out of it and it's as much fun for us to watch as it is for him to play. Here's some video of his mad skills and here's a photo of the cutest Laker ever!

What's really funny is that he is getting REALLY close to walking, but is just scared enough of taking more than a few timid steps that he has to hold onto something at all times. There was one day when Andy and I caught him sidestepping toward something and neither one of us said anything because we knew that if we pointed it out he would immediately drop to his knees. All of this is perfectly fine with me because I know that as soon as he starts to walk, it's all over for me. He will be unstoppable.

3 comments:

Jon Pearson said...

Super cute. More please.

jasoncarmengourlie said...

what a cute kid. He is my kind of baby. He's got a lot to live up to with the name MVP but I have full confidence in him :)

deb said...

Adorable! I love all MVP's cute giggles and sighs in the video. So fun!