Friday, January 9, 2009

Techno Help

So our cell phone contract is up this week and Andy and I are looking at switching or updating our cell phone plans and we realize that we will most likely be locked into a new 2-year plan. Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to a good deal or provider? I know that last year (while I was locked into a contract) my co-workers joined the Sprint SERO plan and got super-amazing deals, but that plan is no longer available. So if you have any ideas, please let me know.

Also, I have been wanting to get an iPod for quite some time, but can't bring myself to pull the trigger because I'm not convinced that an iPod is the best value out there. I am interested in the Nike sport kit that helps you track how far you have run and tracks your progress online etc., but I'm wondering if there are other MP3 players out there with similar features/sport kits that will help me to stay motivated as I run. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!

7 comments:

Maren said...

Come on over to AT&T! That way, MORE than half the kids will be on it! Me, Dave, A&A! Unlimited Mobile to Mobile!

I love the iPhone, you should honestly check it out. Andrew just upgraded his phone to the Samsung Blackjack, and loves it. (John has that same phone by the way, he's updated it and now it does GPS for free. Very cool.)

I haven't read or heard a thing about the Nike stuff... I also have a Sansa MP3 player, and a kick butt docking station that I leave at work. I'm a recent NPR geek, but I LOVE hearing it at work now! hah!

Anyway, best of luck. We love AT&T, roll-over minutes are awesome... You know all about that though, you were with Cingular once... They have unlimited everything plans from $99. Check it out. :) Good Luck! (Sorry for the long comment!)

Anne H. 韩涵 said...

If u go for Apple and the Nike player, let me know. :)

rs said...

Both Dave and Gary are trying to talk me into ATT iphone too. It would be nice to not get lost in finding new places.
m

: ) Paula said...

Those rollover minutes can be sweet. But wait, you didn't get your iPod???

Dave said...

The iPhone beckons you to the dark side. As far as the Nike plus set up, I would definitely recommend it given your fondness of running. The system is compatible with the iPod nano and the iPod Touch. I'd go with the iPod touch because it opens you up to the wonder that is the app store. Hit me up if you want to be convinced further.

The Pearsons said...

I have not gotten an MP3 Player yet, but I am actively downloading songs. Anne sent me a list of songs that are recommended based on the type of exercise you intend to do...walking, running, yoga etc. It's great.

It took me at least 9 months to decide on a digital camera, so I think I'm doing pretty well so far. I've got the music (thanks to you), now for the player.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that in most countries except for the U.S. that all incoming calls are free? And there's no such thing as night and weekend minutes. Why can't America follow suit with that kind of pricing?

-Bryan