(Mom, lest you be overly concerned, I have already looked up the symptoms for Tuberculosis and SARS and I'm fairly confident that I have neither of those. I don't seem to have a fever and I'm otherwise feeling ok. I'm pretty sure it's just a result of the dirty air getting the best of me.)
So today, now that we're back in the land of 'reliable' medicine, I asked Andy if he would stop by a drug store on his way home from work to get me some cough syrup. He called me from Walgreen's and we discussed the benefits of expectorants and suppressants and he read off a label for a non-drowsy cough syrup that promised to relieve congestion while suppressing a cough. Good enough, I thought. Out of curiosity I asked him what it was called and he said "It's a generic". Oh, I thought, "What is it a generic brand of?" Andy says, "Robitussin. It's called Wal-tussin." To which, I immediately started laughing hysterically! I laughed so hard I coughed and drove myself into another coughing frenzy! I couldn't get over the goofy-sounding name, "Wal-tussin". Then Andy goes on to say, "There's more, for every brand name medication on the shelf, there's a Walgreen's generic...Wal-fed, Wal-tap, Wal-bourne..." I couldn't stand it. Andy was kind enough to snap a picture or two to further entertain me.
I thought I left the land of shameless product piracy a few days ago!!!
4 comments:
i'm just getting over a cough too...it's been almost 2 weeks! i hope yours doesn't last that long. and lol at the drug names!
Hahaha...wal-phed?! Can't they come up with smthg-anythg better? (ok, people just saw me laugh at my comp). Wishing you lots of clean air and people friendly meds. Too bad there's no anti-pollution pill. I'd buy em costco size.
Now I know where you were coming from with your "prescription" of Wal-Tussin suggestion. We love Walgreens and all their rip-off medication.
This is Andrew - - -
I can't believe you've never heard of "Wal-" junk. I live on their generic items. I can't even remember the last time I've paid for a name brand. Just the other day I got a great deal on generic Zyrtec (which used to cost an arm and 1/2 a leg for the name brand). It's called Wal-Zyr! Good stuff . . . good stuff.
Tell Andy that on Saturday I made cookies from scratch again.
Aloha!!
Post a Comment