Monday, May 28, 2007

Day Two in Chicago

After an action-packed day on Saturday, we got a slow start on Sunday. My feet were killing me, so we took it easy on Sunday. Kenny and Ravi went golfing and Anne and I went on a drive to see some of the sights in Chicago.

We drove up to Evanston to see the Northwestern campus. It was amazingly beautiful. The area is very peaceful and green compared to the city. With all it's beauty, I can't imagine how freezing cold it must be in the winter. Chicago is just too far north for me.

We then went to mecca...I mean, the Harpo studios where the Oprah show is filmed. Anne and I have been fans of the show for a long time now. Anne was fortunate enough to get tickets to a show back in February. I got pictures of the balconies across the street where last month Oprah surprised her neighbors by making over their balconies. I was also quite surprised by the number of other tourists who were there taking pictures and especially by a group of about five guys walking around taking pictures as well.

We then met up with Ravi and Kenny and walked past Anne's old apartment (aka "the Dive") to the Chicago Zoo--which is free. We had a lot of fun and I was quite impressed by the Gorilla/primate exhibit. I was even more impressed that it was free.

For dinner, Ravi made a fabulous meal. I was quite impressed.

No comments: